Sunday, August 9, 2015

Conceal Don't Feel! My Concealer Collection

Concealer is one of those products that is not exactly glamorous but definitely a necessity in my makeup routine. Whether it's concealing those under eye bags, discoloration or annoying blemishes, a good concealer can fake 8 hours of sleep and a clear, flawless face. So I thought I would share my concealer collection with the majority being drugstore, so you know they are affordable.


My favorite, HG concealer is the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in Brightening. It's peachy-pink color that is super brightening, lightweight and has great coverage. It has a sponge tip applicator that I actually like, but I know it grosses some people out since it can get pretty gunky. But I will ALWAYS repurchase this concealer, I love it that much.

 I also love the Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer in Radiant mixed with Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 10 Light for under the eye. The Dream Lumi has a brush tip applicator that also dispenses a peachy-pink concealer that brightens, but I find it has less coverage than the Age Rewind and I tend to go through it much faster. The Fit Me has a doe foot applicator, is more yellow toned and matches my skin tone which is not only great for the under eye, but for concealing blemishes. It's also good for highlighting the face! It's also one of my all-time favorites.


The It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye in Natural Medium, is a sample I got in one of my subscription boxes, and is one of the thickest, heavy-duty concealers I've tried. It's a little darker than what I would like but is pretty close to my skin color. If I have hard core bags that make me look like a corpse, I'll whip this out and it does the job nicely.

The Nyx HD Photogenic Concealer in Light is also peachy-pink in tone and works for under the eye and for blemishes. It has pretty decent coverage and has a slight brightening effect as well. I think I would go back to get a different color that is more yellow toned so I can use it on my face to highlight because it's creamy and blends out nicely.

Back in the day, I would only use stick concealers, so when I got this Mistura Beauty Solutions Complexion Corrector in a Boxycharm I had a quite the nostalgia trip. It only comes in a bullshit "universal" shade though. It's so creamy with full coverage and makes blemishes practically invisible! It does match my skin pretty well, but this won't work on really fair girls or anyone darker than medium skin tone.


The last two concealers in my little collection is the Miracle Skin Transformer Treat & Conceal in Medium and the Physicians Formula Concealer Twins 2-in-1 Correct and Cover Cream in Green/Light. The Miracle Skin concealer is my favorite for those painful, raging zits that still are raised because it not only hides them but helps treat them too! I got this in a Birchbox I think and I'll probably buy the full size version when I run out. This is a pricey one though, at a whopping $34.00! But I see it on Hautelook once in a while so I would keep your eye out for it!

 Lastly, the Concealer Twins includes a green tinted concealer to apply to blemishes or red areas before foundation to cancel out redness. The other side is a normal concealer that is neutral in tone and a little thicker to blend those blemishes into the rest of your face.



On my wishlist is the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer because I've heard that it's super amazing, but I'm trying to decide if I want to splurge on it. Plus, I feel like having this many concealers open at one time is a bit ridiculous...

What are your favorite concealers?

xoxo

Jessica

10 comments:

  1. I really want to try the Maybelline instant age rewind, I have heard so many good things about it! Lovely post!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/olivia-redfern-14068335

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! I would definitely try it out!

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the maybeline Concealer as I like the idea of the sponge instead of a tip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I like the sponge because it distributes product so well, gives a lot of coverage and essentially does the work for you!

      Delete
  3. First off... The title of this post - love the Frozen reference! :)

    The Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer is a holy grail product for me for under the eye! It's perfect for brightening and you really can't beat the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I wondered if anyone would catch it! I agree, Holy grail status for sure!

      Delete
  4. I also have the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind! I really enjoy using this one! Another fave of mine is Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer and the new Urban Decay one! I own so so many concealers, defs one of my fave parts of makeup.

    http://tashaforrest.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I want to try the Urban Decay one so bad! is it worth the price?

      Delete
  5. I love the NYX concealer! I bought the Maybelline Eraser a few weeks ago but haven't tried it, I hear such positive reviews I hope I like it!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik