Sunday, October 25, 2015

In The Spotlight: theBalm

I have slowly accumulated quite a few theBalm products over the past year thanks to Hautelook, where I got almost all of my theBalm products half off! Here is a quick look at all their products in my collection!


Let's start with my two eyeshadow palettes, the Nude'tude  and the Nude Dude. Both palettes have 12 shades that are a mixture of mattes, satins and shimmers. The Nude'tude is more neutral in tone and the Nude Dude has more mauve, purple shades.



The quality is pretty good, but they do kick up quite a bit of powder and some of the mattes are patchy. I tend to reach for my Nude Dude the most just because I tend to gravitate to these shades more. I like them both though! The packaging of these is just hysterical too. Naked ladies and gents? I'm in.

Nude'tude
Nude Dude
One of the most well know products from theBalm with a cult following are the Luminizers; I have the Cindy-Lou Manizer and Mary-Lou Manizer.

I've had the Mary-Lou Manizer for a while, and I can see why it's so popular! It's an intense champagne highlight that is very soft and finely milled. Cindy-Lou Manizer is a newer edition to my collection, and it's a peachy-pink color that is not nearly as luminous. I typically use it as a very glowy blush and also makes a great blush "topper." It can be used as a more subtle highlight too, but if you're looking for the same kick that the Mary-Lou Manizer gives, you won't find it with this one.

Top: Cindy Lou Manizer, Bottom: Mary-Lou Manizer


My other cheek products include the Hot Mama! Blush, Bahama Mama Bronzer and Balm Desert Bronzer/Blush


Hot Mama! is a peachy-pink blush with a golden sheen that is so gorgeous on the cheeks, especially in the summer months. Bahama Mama is a dark, and I mean dark, bronzer that I use to contour because it's a fantastic neutral brown that isn't too warm or cool. Just use a light hand and blend well if you have lighter skin and you're good to go! The Balm Desert is a really unique warm, rosey toned bronzer that doubles as a bronzer AND blush. It's great for those days your feeling a more nude blush!



Starting from the top: Balm Desert, Bahama Mama, Hot Mama!

Last in my collection are two samples I got from my Ipsy! A Meet Matt(e) Hughes Liquid Lipstick in Committed and How 'Bout Them Apples? Lip and Cheek Cream in Pie


The liquid lipstick I have not worn yet, so I can't say if it's long wearing or not, but the shade is a gorgeous nude-pink and smells like Thin Mints. YAS. I'm not much of a cream blush girl because my skin is oily so it tends to do weird things for me, so this serves as just a lip color fro me. It's a really creamy strawberry pink that is more on the sheer side but can be built up. I might buy the full size palette just because the packaging is so friggin' cute. I'm ridiculous, I know.

Top: Pie, Bottom: Committed

theBalm is an awesome brand that has kick ass packaging and is kind of the bridge between drugstore and high end products in price in my opinion. I seriously recommend waiting for theBalm to be on Hautelook to get products up to 50% off if you've been wanting to try a few products. Totally worth it.

xoxo

Jessica

13 comments:

  1. I really like the balm desert blush! I don't own any of their products but I've been wanting the Mary-Lou Manizer for the longest time.

    http://perfectshadeofmauve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! I'm really glad I picked it up. Mary-Lou is another great one to add to any collection. :)

      Delete
  2. I love The Balm! The only one I have that matches yours in Bahama Mama but I have a couple of their blushes in Down Boy and Frat Boy and I'm obsessed with them! Really want to add an eyeshadow palette to my collection or maybe the new In the Balm of your Hand palette!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I've been wanting to try those as well! I'll probably pick one up the next time they are on Hautelook. In The Balm Of Your Hand also looks like a great set to own!

      Delete
  3. I love Mary-Lou! I've been eyeing their eyeshadows for a while, they look beautiful!

    A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I really like them! I want to try some of their Shady Lady palettes too...

      Delete
  4. Is it bad that I've not yet tried any of their products yet? I have being eyeing up the Mary Lou-manizer for ages now, and the eyeshadow palettes look gorgeous too! Maybe I'll get something from their brand soon... ;)

    Aliya x | thecatandthegirl.blogspot.co.uk | https://www.bloglovin.com/people/thegirl09-10150959

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no! I've only tried their products because they are so cheap on Hautelook! Seriously, I would buy them from there, just check the sight frequently to see when they will be featured!

      Delete
  5. I don't have any products from the Balm yet but I'm really dying to get my hands on Mary Lou-manizer someday! Their products have so many good reviews from other bloggers. :)


     Miriam ♥ A whole lot of serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary-Lou Manizer is definitely a staple from theBalm. :)

      Delete
  6. theBalm products are the bomb. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen a lot of review about the Luminizers & I think I would like mary lou very much

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik