Saturday, May 9, 2015

Formula 10.0.6 Masks Review

Lately I've been on a mask kick, and I'm trying a variety of different kinds of masks. Ulta recently had a sale on a brand I've never tried before, Formula 10.0.6, so I thought I'd try a few out. They are all normally priced at Ulta for $5.99 each, so very affordable! Also, the packaging suckered me in.

Here we go!


I picked up:

Get Your Glow On, Brightening Peel Off Mask

Keep Your Cool, Skin Calming Gel Mask

Pores Be Pure, Skin-Clarifying Mud Mask

The first one I tried was the Keep Your Cool gel mask. First off, it smells SO GOOD. It has cucumber and coconut in it and it makes it smell so refreshing and clean.



It comes out more like a lotion/serum than a gel to me, but regardless it glides on to the face and it gives a gentle cooling, hydrating feeling. It almost leans towards feeling oily in my opinion and sinks into the skin instead of just sitting on top which is interesting. It can be washed off after 15 minutes or worn overnight.

I used it when I had a big breakout, and it certainly helped calm it down a little bit. I have found it to be a more gentle mask, and isn't drying at all. But if I want a really "deep cleaning" mask, I still prefer my Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask. This is a good mask though, and I will definitely still keep it in my rotation!

The Get Your Glow On peel off mask is probably the most satisfying mask out of the three for me because I'm a weirdo and love the sensation of peeling off things off my skin. My favorite thing to do in elementary school was to rub glue all over my hands and peel it off when it dried. Yeah, I was that kid.


Again, it smells really nice since it has citrus and papaya infused in it, which gives it an invigorating, fresh scent that I love. The consistency is a thick gel that well...feels like lube if I'm being honest haha. It's kinda slippery and you really have to work it to get it to smooth all over your face in an even layer. It grossed me out a little at first since I made that connection in my brain but the end result is so worth it!


Once it dries, you peel it off! And it never gets old. I love the feeling and it's abnormally fun for me. I didn't notice a huge difference in the brightness of my skin, but it did look a tad healthier and smoother.Still, I enjoy this one!


The last one I have is the Pores Be Pure mud mask, which is like your typical mud mask that dries after 10-15 minutes. This however, has the same consistency and smell as strawberry GoGurt. Not even kidding.


I literally laugh every time I use it because honest to God, I think someone switched it with yogurt. It has a very intense strawberry scent and a creamy, thick texture. It feels really good on the skin though, and once it starts drying I notice that the smell isn't as strong.


Out of all of them, I think this one preforms the best at sticking to its job description of cleaning out my pores. Again, after 10-15 minutes you wash it off to reveal cleaner, smaller pores! You do sort of have to scrub it off though, like most mud masks.


Yes, I'm rocking my Hogwarts shirt. I'm a HUGE Harry Potter nerd, like I have a Harry Potter related tattoo. Anyways...

Overall, I like them all, but I don't think they were outstanding in anyway. It's perfect for mask beginners and one of the more affordable ones. They do have other skin care products, and I'm curious to try their face wash and moisturizers!

Tried any of these before? Let's talk about it in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, you are gorgeous!! Really love your blog ..and Harry Potter Lol Xxx
    Geena | geenush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue ones looks good :) I prefer overnight masks. My current favorite is from The Body Shop. They have good skin care products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love The Body Shop! The gel mask can actually be worn overnight as well. I have worn it overnight a few times when my skin just needs some extra soothing after a breakout. In the morning my skin feels much better!

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik