Saturday, May 30, 2015

May Favorites!

It's the end of May and that means it's almost June. JUNE. How did that happen?! Anyway, here are a few of my favorite things from the month of May...

Let's start with the newest edition to my collection, theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer highlgihter. I know I shouldn't have included it since I got it recently but I just can't put it down.



I have used the Nyx HD Studio Finishing Powder before, and just repurchased it after my E.L.F one ran out. It's a translucent silica loose powder that I use to mix,buff and set all my make-up. The E.L.F HD Loose Finishing Powder is very similar, and a few dollars cheaper but the Nyx one is silkier and feels like I'm dusting angel clouds on my face.

Plus, the packaging isn't as bulky and annoying so I prefer this over the E.L.F one. This does have the potential for flashback in pictures though, I haven't experienced any, but just a heads up.



My go to lip color this month has been my Maybelline Color Whisper in Lust For Blush. It's so easy to put on for a wash of color before I go out the door and is a neutral pink that goes with pretty much everything.


One of my favorite eyeshadows of all time is the L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush. There are no words to describe this except YAAASSSSS!!! It's the most gorgeous metallic rose gold that is so pigmented and gives a foiled effect to the lids. You will not regret picking this shade up. I have a few other shades but this is by far the best shade.

Tip: these are best applied with your finger tips for maximum foiled goodness!



The Wet n' Wild Bronzer in Ticket to Brazil is the perfect shimmery bronzer for the summer to give that bronzed glow to the cheeks without being too much. It's only about 3 bucks too!



Another gem from Wet n' Wild is the Megalength Waterproof Mascara. It is so perfect for the bottom lashes! I have a hard time finding mascara for my bottom lashes that defines and volumizes but still looks somewhat natural. I have fairly long bottom lashes so they can look freaky pretty quick with the wrong mascara.

It has a skinny wand so it really can get those little lashes and is waterproof so it doesn't smudge or budge!


Last but not least, the Bodyography Brow Brush and Brow Essential Trio powders I got in my Boxycharm! The powders are so silky smooth and the brush makes filling in my brows a breeze. What a steal!


Those are all my May favorites! What are yours?!

On a side note, I met the most ridiculous cat while I was reading outside of my apartment. It's my neighbors cat that just made itself at home on my towel!

Seriously, what cat does this?!


Also, go see Mad Max: Fury Road. SO GOOD! I just saw it tonight! If you like non-stop action and watching Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron be bad asses you won't be disappointed.


I mean, who can resist Tom Hardy? ;)


xoxo

Jessica

4 comments:

  1. Great post :) Thanks for including swatches, that helps a lot!
    I've been DYING to try the Mary-Lou Manizer, everyone always raves about how gorgeous it is!
    xx
    Krista

    Love, Krista | www.lovekrista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's so beautiful, I'm glad I got it. Keep checking Hautelook for when they feature theBalm where you can get it for $10-12! That's where I get all my theBalm products. :)

      Delete
  2. Great post! I sooo want the Mary-Lou Manizer! Also where's that clutch from!? Its amazing!
    xo

    Courtney | http://courtselizabeth.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got the clutch from a little shop at a beach a few years ago, it's Billabong. It also has a cool bird design on the other side!

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik