Wednesday, June 3, 2015

More Colour Pop! Highlight, Blush, Shadows and a Lippie Stix

Soooooo... Remember when I said I would be ordering more Colour Pop soon? Yep. I ordered more. I just can't help myself! It's just such an amazing company with unbelievable products. Plus, it was their one year anniversary and they were giving out a free eyeshadow with every purchase during their birthday celebration (which was also my birthday too) so I basically had to place an order.



And I've been dying to try some of their new blushes and highlighters.

Let's start with the not so new Lippie Stix in Lumiere, a color Kathleen Lights from YouTube created with them. It's a mauve-pink, and it's a matte finish. It does tug some on initial application, but most matte lipsticks do so I'm not too surprised. But I love the form of this lipstick, as in it's a skinny twist up that always stays "sharp" if you know what I mean.


It's simply mauve-o-lous!

I got one blush, and one highlighter to test them out first since they are the magical gel-cream formula. I'm strictly a powder product person when it comes to my face (besides foundation and concealer) so I was a little hesitant. Like expected though, both are fantastic.

I got the blush in Birthday Suit, which is a satin finish and is a nudeish mid-toned pink. It applies beautifully with any synthetic brush, but I use my Real Techniques Stippling Brush. It looks so natural, has a hint of a sheen and actually LASTS on my oily skin.



It can be sheered out or built up to your liking too!

The Highlighter is in the shade Monster, which is a duo-chrome white that reflects pink and purple. Uh hello?! How could you say no to that? I don't even really gravitate towards pink highlighters but it's unlike anything I have so I wanted to add it to my collection.

It looks like any old white highlighter from one angle and then...



BOOM! It reflects pink and purple shimmer!


Like the blush, it can be easily sheered out or built up for that in your face highlight. Again, it lasts a full work day on me, and I run around with kids all day so that says something about the staying power.


I don't own any matte shadows from Colour Pop, so I order Bill, a matte plum beige. It's great for a muted purple crease color and blends like a friggin' dream.




So Quiche is a shade I've been eyeing for a while, so I jumped at the chance to buy it. It's a really unique shade because it's a gold-olive color with purple glitter throughout. It's like Mardi Gras in an eyeshadow!




Photos just don't give a lot of these glitter, duo-chrom shades justice. It's a fantastic all over the lid color.

Last, but certainly not least, was the bonus shadow called Birthday Girl. It's a metallic rose gold bronze shade and came in pink packaging instead of the standard white! Unfortunately, I don't think it's in the permanent collection and was just a special edition, so that blows. But it does look pretty close to my L'Oreal Infallible shadow in Amber Rush. If you couldn't nab this in time that, would be a good alternative.



Colour Pop never lets me down. All the shadows and Lippie Stix are $5 while the cheek products (blush, bronzer, and highlighters) are $8. Which is a steal considering you get a lot more product for only 3 bucks more than the shadows. Affordable, great quality beauty products? I'm about that life. Check out my other post about my other Colour Pop shadows for more swatches.

Consider me a Colour Pop hoarder collector.

What are your thoughts on the blushes, highlighters, bronzers or shadows? What should I order next?

xoxo

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik