Saturday, April 4, 2015

March Favorites

These products are ones I've been loving and can't stop using for the month of March. I've also thrown in a few jewelry items that I've been obsessed with too.



L'Oreal La Palette Nude 1 & 2

Hard Candy Baked Ombre Blush in Sunburst

Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in Warm Me Up

Wet N' Wild single eyeshadow in Creme Brulee 

NYX HD Blush in Taupe

L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation (I mix the shades 101 Classic Ivory and 102 Shell Beige) 

ELF Poreless Primer

NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Taupe

Real Techniques Sculpting Brush

LVX Nail Lacquer in Mynt

Earrings from Forever 21

Camera Necklace from Target

For swatches of the La Nude Palettes, check out my other post on them! I haven't been able to put these palettes down, they are so great for everyday eye looks. I especially love the mattes in both palettes.


This "blush" is fantastic for contouring because its a cool toned grey shade that mimics the natural shadows on the face. This paired with my Real Techniques Sculpting Brush makes contouring a dream.

The Wet N' Wild single shadow in Creme Brulee I use literally everyday as a skin toned transition shade under my other eye shadows. It just helps blend every thing together so well.

I've also been loving the ELF Poreless Primer for creating a smooth canvas under my makeup without being too greasy.


Maybelline ColorSensational lipstick in 235 Warm Me Up is such a good nude for my lips. It doesn't wash me out and isn't too brown with the right amount of pink. So good. 

The NYX Micro Pencil is a dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz so I hear. I wouldn't know since I haven't tried the Brow Wiz, but I love the Micro Brow for filling in and shaping my brows. I have it in Taupe, which is has cooler undertones without coming off too dark. 

LVX Nail Lacquer I got in my March Boxy Charm and this stuff STAYS on your nails. I was so shocked at how minimal the chipping was after a weeks wear. The mint color is also so gorgeous and perfect for spring.


The Hard Candy Baked Ombre Blush in Sunset was a surprise favorite for me. I thought it would be too intense and pink on my cheeks but I was so wrong. It is the most beautiful wash of color that gives the cheeks such a glow without being over powering. You can go overboard with it if there is too much on your brush, but tapping of the excess does the trick for me.

Two jewelry favorites is my floral camera necklace I got from Target and my ear jacket earrings from Forever 21:

I always get a ton of compliments on these earrings when I wear them. I went back and got a few more pairs. I also switch up the stud with other earrings to create different looks with the earring jacket.

My ultimate favorite is my Infallible Pro Matte Foundation. Like I'm talking possible holy grail foundation I love it so much. I have oily/sometimes combo skin and I have a hard time finding foundations that don't melt off me at the end of the day. This one stays on my face with minimal melting and helps control my oil so incredibly well because its matte. Plus it's a light weight foundation that still has great coverage. It's also more neutral to yellow undertones that helps match my skin tone.


The downside is that I fall between the lightest shade 101 Classic Ivory and 102 Shell Beige so I have to mix them to get my perfect shade. This means I have to buy 2 foundations and this is one of the pricier drugstore foundations at around $12 at Target. But I don't care because I'm in love. 

My favorite for the longest time was the Revlon Color Stay but this has quickly taken it's place for me. I will definitely be repurchasing since these tubes are almost empty.

One product that I tried this month ad was disappointed with was the Revlon Color Stay Whipped Foundation. I was ready to fall in love it but it just didn't do anything for me. It looked cakey and heavy on my skin and was hard to blend with both a brush and beauty blender. I finally just used my fingers and a beauty blender afterward to smooth it all out and that worked out the best for me. Still, it's not that great to me, especially compared to my Pro Matte foundation. Obviously.

Any favorites or fails you've tried for the month of March? Let me know in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik