Saturday, April 18, 2015

Accidental April Drugstore Haul! Swatches and First Impressions

Welp. I did another drugstore haul today unintentially. I went into Ulta and Target to get a few products I was running out of and of course came out with more than I needed. Target gets me EVERYTIME. To my credit though, it was Ulta's big sale on drugstore make up in addition so I just had to stock up!

I also had my eye on a few products for a while I've wanted to try! :)


I got quite a few skin and hair care products...

I use the Up & Up Body Wash, the generic for the Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash in Pink Grapefruit, religiously. This is great for helping to treat body acne because it contains salicylic acid. It has exfoliating beads and has a great grapefruit scent too.

I tried the travel size version of the Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Shampoo, and LOVED it. My hair felt so soft and it helped tame my frizzy curls. The full size was on sale so I snatched it up!

The Up & Up Exfoliating Scrub is the generic of the Clean and Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub that I use every morning. I haven't seen the generic version before so I'm stoked that I can get this scrub a little cheaper. It's a gentle daily exfoliating face wash that has a great cooling, tingling sensation. Your face feels sqeauky clean afterwards!

The brand Formula 10.0.6 is new to me, and I saw that it was on sale at Ulta so I decided to try the Keep Your Cool skin calming gel mask. It's supposed to help calm and cool breakouts, so I'm excited to try it! I also got the Down To The Pore pore strips because the blackheads on my nose are getting ridiculous.

I also picked up the smaller version of the Macadamia Natural Oil Volumizing Dry Shampoo. I go through dry shampoo like none other so I'm always in need of dry shampoo. I usually use Batiste, so I'm curious to see how I like this one.

Let's get into the other things I bought:


I got two nail polishes, a Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Coral Reef and Sinful Colors in Supernova. Both are under $3 and I just love both of these colors! Coral Reef is a neon coral and Supernova is a metallic taupe color.


I have always wanted to try the Maybelline Dream Wonder powder because I've heard great things about it, but just haven't gotten around to it. I got the shade Ivory, and seems like a silky smooth powder with a surprising amount of coverage. I also got the NYC Smooth Skin loose face powder in Translucent because Jessica Murphy or JAMbeauty89 on Youtube raves about it (I love watching her videos!). It's like under 3 bucks too!


I am almost out of my E.L.F HD Undereye Setting Powder so I picked up another. I like it for setting my concealer because it is a light powder that also brightens. There is specks of visible glitter that scared me at first, but it doesn't show up on your face.


These two concealers are my holy grail combo! The Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser for Dark Circles in Brightening and the DreamLumi Touch in Radiant. I don't have hardcore undereye bags but I do like the brightening effect that these concealers give me. The Age Rewind has great coverage and is more pink toned and the DreamLumi is more yellow and kicks up the brightening power. Love 'em both.


The Maybelline VolumExpress Rocket is a favorite I always come back to when I want a great volumizing mascara that I can rely on. The L'oreal Voluminous Original mascara is one I hear mentioned constantly so I finally bought it. Hope it's as good as everyone says!

This eyeshdaow quad, the Maybelline Eyestudio in Copper Chic is one I've seen swatched on Pinterest and it looked INCREDIBLE. I had to try it myself. Yup, they are as gorgeous as I imagined. Very pigmented, metallic and buttery. These shadows are what I hoped the E.L.F Prismatic Shadows would be. I will definitely go back and purchase more!



I had a coupon for a Revlon HD lipstick, so I got the shade HD Rose which looked like the most wearable everyday color. The formula is very soft and has some gloss to it.

I pretty much collect the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms, Stains and Glosses like it's my job. I've had my eye on this shade for a minute and it was on sale at Ulta! It's a great vampy purple to add to my collection. Not great for spring but it will be aweosme in the fall. Or whenever. Let's be real, you can wear any makeup anytime you want.

Lastly, I wanted to share these super awesome ram earrings I got from Feugo for a $1.80!!! WIN. I mean they are just so cool.
Maybe next time I'll include some of my clothing purchases. :)

That pretty much sums up everything I got. I always go in with the intention of buying itmes I truly need and end up coming out with a mountain of make up.

Score anything at the Ulta or Sephora sale? Thoughts on my purchases? I want to hear from ya in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik