Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Cleansing Conditioner Conundrum: A review on Herbal Essences Naked and Macadamia Flawless Cleansing Conditioner

There is something contradictory about a conditioner that also cleanses. But it's a real thing! And it's now a staple in my hair care routine.

I have two right now in my shower. I have a higher priced one and a cheap drugstore option. Here are the deets:

The Macadamia Professional Flawless Cleansing Conditioner is my favorite at the moment. I discovered it thanks to my Birchbox when I had it a few months ago. I just have the travel size version that I got half off at Ulta for $7.50 when it's normally $15.00. The full size is around $33 for 8 oz. And I would totally pay full price for it. One day. When I'm not feeling poor.


It's basically a shampoo/conditioner product done the right way to save time in the shower without completely stripping your hair of necessary oils yet still moisturizing your strands. It's especially great for curly haired girls! It comes out like a clear, gel mousse and doesn't produce suds. Which kind of freaked me out at first because I didn't know what to expect. I left it in for a few minutes on my wet hair and it really left a thick coating. You definitely need less than you think since it kind of thickens as it's worked into your hair.

It's supposedly a 6-in-1 product; it cleanses, conditions, volumizes and cuts down on tangles, blow dry time, and frizziness. In reality, I don't really notice it doing all these things since I use other hair products when I style it too. But it does in fact shave off a few minutes of blow dry time for me and leaves my hair soft, moisturized and still feeling clean.


It was the first cleansing conditioner I've used, and so far it's my favorite! It gives my hair the "I woke up like this" vibe (because it's flawless. Get it? A Beyonce joke! hehe)

I also have been trying the Herbal Essences Naked Cleansing Conditioner. It's about $4.99 and is double the product of the full size Flawless Cleansing Conditioner at 16.9 oz. However, you do have to use more product to really coat the hair. It comes in a pump bottle, and is more like a thick lotion. It has no sulfates or parabens either so it's safe on color treated hair. It has a light mint scent which I really like. I have heard that it is a dupe for the Wen Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner, so I might check out the Wen version to find out!

This is nice to have and works pretty well, but it's not my absolute favorite. It feels a little heavy on my hair, and I feel like it would give me major product build up if I were to use it back to back days. I don't, so I'm not too worried about it. But for the price, It's one of the cheapest cleansing conditioner I've come across and I'll continue to buy it.

I typically use my cleansing conditioners in between shampoos to help cut down on product buildup and to prevent my scalp from becoming a grease ball. I have curly/wavy hair that's dry and frizzy while having an oily, itchy scalp. It's the worst. But now I've discovered the glory that is cleansing conditioners!

I've just gotten into cleansing conditioners and I want to try to find a mid priced one to compare. So I will continue on my quest to find the perfect, decently priced cleansing conditioner!

Recommend a good cleansing conditioner? I want to hear it! Comments are welcome. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik