Sunday, April 26, 2015

New at Walmart! Rimmel and Wet N' Wild

I picked up a few new products (or at least new to me) to try.
Rimmel Keep Calm and Lip Balm. Wet N' Wild Contouring Palette, Rimmel Clean Finish Matte foundation, Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour foundation



Rimmel had a new display of their Keep Calm and Lip Balm lip balms, and I thought I would try one! I always lose need lip balm so I just got the clear one called Keep Calm and Love. They did have a few tinted shades that had different names that looked super cute too. But after first using it, it tasted straight up like plastic. I don't know if the others taste differently but it's a bummer because it actually feels nice on my lips once you get past the taste. I might try the others to see if they are any different. 



I was most excited about the Wet N' Wild Contouring Palette in Caramel Toffee that I FINALLY got my hands on. It's been out of stock every time I've gone to Walmart. There is another contour palette that has a more yellow highlight shade instead of the more cool toned pink one that I saw online but it wasn't in the store I went to.



It's a large amount of product for under $4! I swatched it and it feels silky smooth, but just a little powdery and the pigmentation isn't great. But I've found that especially for contouring, having less pigmentation and being more buildable leads to less disastrous results (aka tiger stripes).  Both the contour and highlight shades are matte.

I also picked up two new foundations to experiement with! Because God knows I need more foundation.


This foundation was also under 4 bucks at Walmart! A super cheap matte foundation? It basically jumped into my shopping basket. I'll test it out to see how it wears and feels on my skin, and to see if the shade I picked up will match. The only other Rimmel foundation I've tried is the Stay Matte mousse foundation and I hated that stuff. So I'm excited/nervous to try this!

I also got the Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation. It claims you can wear it for 25 hours, which is silly to me that they had to tack on an extra hour to "beat out" other foundations that supposedly last 24 hours. Foundations typically last about 9 hours on my skin anyways, but whatever. Jessica Murphy on YouTube also made me buy this product because she loves it so much. Those damn YouTubers!

 So I decided I would give it a try. I'm a little nervous because I do have oily to combo skin and she has dry skin. It also has "comfort serum" in it, which I don't even know what that means but I'm assuming it's more hydrating. This foundation does have SPF though, which is an added bonus. This one retails for about 7 dollars.

I thought I controlled myself quite well at Walmart! Considering I went to pick up organizers for my new vanity I picked up last week. It's still a work in progress, but I'll have pictures up once the mirror is mounted. So keep your eye out for that post if you're interested in a DIY vanity from Ikea for under $150. :)

Again, I'll probably post a review once I've tried out these foundations and contouring palette for a while.

Love or Hate these products? Comment down below!

1 comment:

  1. You've got some great products. Love the shades of this palette. xx
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik