Sunday, April 19, 2015

Simple Micellar Water Review + Quick Tip

I've been envying drugstore micellar waters that are not availabe in the States. Until I discovered that the brand Simple just launched one recently! Yay!


For those who don't know what the heck a micellar water is, it's a gentle make-up remover and cleanser all in one that does not need to be rinsed off. A dream com true for lazy girls like me!

You pour some of the magical water onto a cotton pad and apply it to your face to remove make up and cleanse at the same time. However, I found that it took a number of cotton pads to remove my make up and after toning my face still saw some leftover foundation on my cotton pad. It does do a fairly good job at removing eye make up though.

I still cleansed my face anyways afterwards just because I felt like it didn't "cleanse" enough. I found that this product really shines at cleansing my face in the morning and removing left over make up before or after I get in the shower. No matter how hard I try to completely remove my eye make up at night, there still is smudges from my mascara in the morning under my eye. So this is great for removing that!

Other than that, I think girls that wear LIGHT make up and great skin to begin with would find just using this to cleanse and remove make up would do the job just fine. I have repurchased it because I think it's a great cleanser for when I'm not wearing make up that day or in the morning to remove the last traces of my make up.

It's priced between 6-8 bucks, but there are always coupons available.

QUICK TIP!

I also have make up removing wipes in my arsenal because let's be honest, sometimes I'm just too lazy to use anything else or after a night out and stumbling in at 2 AM, going through my skin care routine is just not possible.


But when you go to grab a wipe and it seems dry and not soaked through with cleanser it really bums me out. No one enjoys using a dry cloth to remove a full face of heavy make up.

Good news is I have a really simple solution!

Most people store make up right side up, like a normal person. But I found if you alternate storing right side up and upside down the cleanser can soak through all the wipes instead of collecting at the bottom and having the last two wipes dripping with product.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik