Saturday, May 23, 2015

May 2015 Birchbox Unboxing!

As a special surprise for my birthday, my mother-in-law got me this months Birchbox! I actually used to be subscribed to Birchbox awhile back but dropped it in favor of Ipsy and Boxycharm. I find that Birchbox is geared more towards skin/hair care rather than make-up so if that is more appealing to you, give Birchbox a try!

Let's dig in!


First off, the box is a collaboration with Cupcakes and Cashmere, hence the super cute box! The first sample I took out was the Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls curl lotion. I'm definitely interested in trying it, I just find that samples like these are hard to store and create a mess if you don't use it all in one application


The next packet samples are La Fresh Oil-Free Face Cleanser Wipes. These will be great to travel with and take with me when I crash at a friends place (like tonight, so I'll test 'em out).


I feel like in almost every Birchbox I got in the past, it always included some sort of moisturizer. Well that hasn't changed haha! I got a Naobay Oxygenating Cream Moisturizer, and it smells really good. Almost like a fruity scent bordering on Fruitloops, but in a good way! I'll most likely pass this on since I already have so many moisturizer samples to use up.


I also got a sample of PARLOR by Jeff Chastain Moisturizing Sea Salt Spray. I don't know how I feel about sea salt sprays since I already have waves/curls and using these types of sprays just tends to tangle and frizz my hair. But hey, I'll still try it out.


This Dr. Jart+ BB Night Beauty Balm intrigues me. It's a tinted BB cream that you can wear day or night, and comes out in a clear gel with white beads. Once you start to blend it in to your skin, it transforms into a tinted gel. So weird! I don't really understand why you would need something tinted if you are just going to sleep; I would just worry about it transferring onto my pillow to be honest.



Lastly, I received a Cynthia Rowley Creamy Lip Stain in Poppy. I love me some lip stains, and this is a beautiful, bright orange-red that'll be great for the summer! It's a tiny sample with a doe foot applicator to match. It swatches a little patchy but we shall see how it applies on the lips.


Well that's all folks! This box was just okay, but it was free so I'm not going to complain. :)

What did you think of this month's box?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik