Sunday, August 23, 2015

Monochromatic: Rose Gold

Hey guys! Sorry for the short hiatus, this week has been super busy for me with the new school year starting soon and trying to prep the classroom among other things taking up large chunks of my time. Anyways, I wanted to share with you some makeup products that are in my favorite shade: rose gold. There is something about rose gold that is so pretty and feminine that I absolutely adore wearing it. Here is what I've rounded up from my collection!

Obviously, I had to include the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette! This palette is full of rosy toned shadows with a few mauves and purpley browns mixed in. The packaging itself is so gorgeous! Trick is a classic rose gold, but I found it hard to apply with a brush and had much better luck using my finger to get it to be super metallic and foiled looking.


 Urban Decay has some of the best quality shadows around, but it definitely comes with a hefty price tag of $54 for 12 shadows. A cheaper alternative that has pretty much all of the same shades plus 10 more purple toned shades is the Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette. The shades are shockingly similar but obviously not as great quality. They still are pretty darn good for the price of $20 for double the shadows though.


Probably one of my favorite shadows ever is the L'oreal Infallible Eye Shadow in Amber Rush. It's super pigmented and foiled looking giving a glorious metallic rose gold shade all over the lid. If you just were to get one rose gold product to add to your collection, I would pick this one hands down. AND it's an affordable drugstore product.



My last eye shadow I have to share with you is the shade Fit from The Balm Nude Dude Palette. I also have that palette, but I got this super cute sample in my Ipsy bag a while back! It's a little on the bronze side of rose gold, so it's a little deeper in tone. It's also one of my favorite palettes that I reach for frequently (check out my post on it for a more in depth look here).


Two rose gold blushes I have are the Benefit Rockateur Box O' Powder Blush I got in a set and Milani Rose D'Oro Baked Blush. Rockateur is a dusty rose gold with a subtle gold sheen and Rose D' Oro is a little lighter and peachier with gold veining throughout. You don't see the gold flecks at all on the cheeks, just the beautiful glow it gives.




 I've had this blush for YEARS and after using it everyday for a solid year I still haven't hit pan on it. The packaging is in shambles though and is barely staying together but I refuse to buy a new one because I purchased this when I first began really getting into makeup. It has a special spot in my heart. I'm a sentimental person, what can I say?  Luminoso always gets all the hype, but I honestly prefer this shade!


Surprisingly, I found a rose gold lip color hidden in my collection! It's a part of a duo I got a long time ago, the Covergirl Blast Flipstick Lip Color in the shade 860 Intense. It's very metallic, which I'm not usually a huge fan of by itself but it's really beautiful mixed with other shades! The other side is a dark plum color that I like too.



Of course, I had to throw in one of my favorite nail polishes; Essie Penny Talk. In the bottle it doesn't look rose gold at all, more of a copper bronze. But on the nails it's a gorgeous coppery rose gold! This polish is a little hard to work with, but I think it's totally worth it.


I'm thinking about doing more post like this one which focuses on one shade in a variety of makeup products, like a mini series! Leave me a comment for suggestions on what color I should do next!

What are your favorite rose gold colored products?

xoxo

Jessica


4 comments:

  1. Amber Rush is such a stunning eyeshadow. I have it too and I think everyone should own it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm LOVING that nail varnish.. Gorgeous colour xx

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik