Saturday, March 19, 2016

Ipsy March 2016 Unboxing! #HelloSpring

Hey guys! As you may have noticed (or not), I kind of took a 2 week break from posting. Sometimes, life gets in the way and I was having a hard time finding time just to sit down and write a post, let alone take decent photos with so many thing happening in my life at once. That in combination with feeling pretty uninspired, I decided to take a little break. Hopefully I can get back into my groove of posting at least on the weekends.

Anyways, let's see what I got in my Ipsy bag this month!


It certainly is starting to feel like spring here in the PNW, and this spring themed bag is super adorable. I was so excited to see this Pixi by Petra Beauty Blush Duo in Rose Gold. One half is a gorgeous rose gold blush with a slight sheen, and the other side is a champagne highlight with amazing pigmentation. 

The blush however, I could not for the life of me get it to show up on my skin; and I have pretty light skin. Also, I use a pretty big blush brush so it was hard to fit my brush into the pan to just pick up the blush. So the blush is a little disappointing for me, but the highlight is on point. If you swirl them together, it's a beautiful rose gold highlight that I also enjoy! 


I'm not a fan of eyeliners in my boxes/bags because I get so many, but this Skone Insanely Intense Tattoo Liner in Jet Black is a pretty nice felt tip liner! I rarely wear eyeliner, but when I do I prefer felt tip ones to draw out my wing if I'm doing winged liner, and then fill it in with gel. It's super black and seems easy to work with, so I'm excited to try it out! 


swatches on swatches on swatches

I wish we got fluffier eye shadow brushes in our bags instead of your typical packing on color brushes, like this Beau Gachis Paris Eye Shadow Brush. This brush though is insanely soft, which actually surprised me because it kind of looks like a cheaper brush. I might end up using this after all, because I was thinking about passing this on to my sister.

The NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Pink Lust I will be passing on however because hot ass pink magenta is not my color. The formula seems nice and creamy, but I prefer reds, corals and deeper shades for my bold lip choices. I might have to pick up a different shade on my own to really give this formula a try.


Lastly, I got another Marc Anthony product, this time the Argan Oil of Morocco 3 Day Smooth Perfect Blow Out Smoothing Cream. What a name! I usually enjoy Marc Anthony products, so I'll start incorporating this into my hair routine before I blow dry to help tame my frizz and report back.

That's it for Ipsy! Not too bad, but I wasn't super thrilled with the products, mainly the lip color and disappointed with the blush pigmentation. 

What did you get this month?

xoxo

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik