Sunday, March 6, 2016

Shadows To Make Your Eyes Standout

Choosing eye shadows based on eye color isn't anything new, and they even sell specially designed shadow quads and palettes for specific eye color. There is something magical when certain shadows are paired with the right eye color and makes your eyes the center of attention. Here are a few 'secret weapon' shades to make your eyes pop based on your eye color!


Secret Weapon for Brown Eyes: Purples, Emerald Green, and Cobalt Blue

Brown eyes are neutral, so us brown eyed gals can pretty much wear anything! But vibrant jewel toned shadows like purples, cobalt blue, and emerald green look especially gorgeous and make those brown eyes standout. Golds, pinks and golds also pair well!

I have a bunch of single shadows from Coastal Scents in a palette that are pretty much a brown eyed girls dream, complete with browns, purples, copper and a pop of green. I also love the Jordana 12 HR Made To Last Shadow Pencil in Endless Emerald and Prolong Purple because they have great pigmentation, staying power and lovely colors. I also have a sample of the Marcelle Waterproof Eyeliner in Electric Blue, which adds a pop of color to the waterline and is creamy enough to put all over the lid. 


Secret Weapon for Green Eyes: Pinks, Mauve, Plums, Rose Gold

Want to make your green eyes be the center of attention? Wear pink shades, mauve and rose golds shades to compliment your green tones! The combination creates a soft, romantic look, and these shades don't overshadow green eyes. The Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette ( a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 3) has a bunch of beautiful pink, mauve and rose gold tones. The L'Oreal Infallible Shadow in Amber Rush would look stunning all over the lid for a metallic sheen! Earthy brown shadows also compliment green eyes nicely.


Secret Weapon for Blue Eyes: Reds, Oranges and Coppers

I am so jealous of you blue eyed girls because reds, oranges and coppers look absolutely STUNNING! The opposite of blue on the color wheel is orange, so it makes sense that these shades would compliment blue eyes. The Lime Crime Venus: The Grunge Palette is practically made for blue eyes with rusty reds, maroons, oranges and pinks. NYX Prismatic Shadow in Fireball is an amazing metallic red, and Colour Pop Shadow in Game Face is an amazing orange copper (totally forgot to include it in pictures). I love these types of shades, but reds are hard to pull of with my brown eyes without looking like I have pink eye.


Secret Weapon for Hazel Eyes: Plums, Purples, Browns

Whenever I see my hazel friend wear plum shadow, I cannot stop staring at her eyes. The plum purples emphasizes the green tones in hazel eyes so well! A, absolutely gorgeous combo. The Coastal Scents Revealed 2 also comes in handy because it not only has pinks and mauves, but a few deeper plum shades which the Naked 3 doesn't have. This Luxie Single Shadow in No. 290 is plum brown that would also pair well with hazel eyes! 


This isn't an exhaustive list obviously, but just a few shades that I find pair well with each eye color. But remember, these are not hard rules but suggestions. If you have blue eyes and want to wear green shadow, or have brown eyes and want to wear red shadow, go for it! If you like it, that's all that matters. :)

What are your favorite shadow/eye color combos?

xoxo

Jessica 

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a dark brown in the crease and putting a metallic shade on the lid. It sounds a bit odd but they come together so well and the lid color pops out. Love this posts I'm going to try some of these combos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like my go to combo too! Love the way it looks!

      Delete
  3. I love the look of that coastal scents palate, I've been eyeing it for a few months. I have blue eyes and I like wearing coppers a lot!

    Elainea
    Toast the Girl Almighty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best Revealed palette I think! I love me some coppers as well. :)

      Delete
  4. I love how you've thought about every eye colour! Great post!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew plums were great for green eyes, but I had never considered pinks! Though now that I think about it, it does make sense, haha. I have a purple-y brown-y kind of shade that I really like to use in my crease with a plum base, it works really well, I think :)

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooohhhh sounds gorgeous! My go to shadow is definitely plum browns in the crease.

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik