Saturday, July 18, 2015

July 2015 Boxycharm Unboxing! #SummertimeRadness

Woohoo! Time to see what goodies Boxycharm has in store for us for the month of July! This months theme is Summertime Radness, which I think is a play on the song Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rey, who is one of my favorite artists. Let's get this party started and see what I got!


The first thing I grabbed was the gorge I'll make you look amazing daily spray ($29.95), which is a leave-in conditioner spray that is supposed to be used on damp hair for frizz-free, shinier, healthier, stronger hair. Who doesn't want that?! I'm stoked to try it out and it's a full size so I can actually test it out long term to see if it lives up to the claims. 


Naturally, I gravitated to the golden tube next, which is the MDMflow Greater Than Mascara ($35.00), which is not available in the U.S yet. The packaging feels heavy and luxurious! For $35 this mascara better be DAMN good. I don't think it's waterproof either so that's good news for when it's time to take it off, but not so good for hot summer temps. 



I also got a Vasanti Professional Blush Brush ($29.00). It looks like a typical blush brush but a little denser than expected to help really pack on the color. I'll try it out, but I still am in love with the Real Techniques Blush Brush so I might pass this on. It does not feel like`it should be worth $29.00 at all though, and feels like one of the Ulta brand brushes I have. Hell, for $29 you can buy one of the Real Techniques Bold Metals brushes and those ones are better quality and are way cutie. 


Of course, I got an eye pencil. But this time it's an OFRA Cosmetics Universal Eye Pencil ($13.00). It's a neutral brown pencil that is super creamy and glides on like a dream. The only problem is that since it's so creamy, it rubbed off really easy on my hand. I can only imagine if I wear to rub up on anything my eyebrows would come right off with this. A gel would definitely be necessary. The color is nice though! 


Lastly, I got a yourMinerals Transparent Veil Setting Powder ($26.00). Setting powders are a must for me so I'm really happy about getting this! Except when I went to swatch it, expecting it to be, well, transparent, it was pure white. Granted, I did swatch a lot on my hand and on my face it'll be super blended in, but now I'm worried it'll leave a white cast. It's not as finely milled as my other setting powders, but it's a good size for travelling. 


That's all for this Boxycharm! Not to be a negative Nancy, but I wasn't blown away by this box. I like the leave-in conditioner and the mascara the best. The value is incredible though, and every other month I love the majority of what I receive so I'm not to sad about it. 


What did you like in your box?

2 comments:

  1. Would love to see if the mascara is any good! Who doesn't like getting a magical golden tube of mascara! :)

    xoxo,
    Sarah
    www.fashioncatapult.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik