Sunday, July 12, 2015

Recent Drugstore Finds!

I gathered up some of the new (well, new to me) drugstore products I've found on sale at various places that I wanted to try out! I rarely buy anything full priced; I wait for it to go on sale, look for coupons or go somewhere where I know the price will be cheaper like Target or Walmart. Actual drugstores like Walgreens or CVS  can be so expensive! Here's a look at products I've picked up:


I got the Maybelline Pure BB Cream in Light, because I've heard great things about how this version is better for oily skin since it has salicylic acid in it. After wearing it a few times, I do like it for days when I don't want full on make up but just something to even my skin tone. It's a little more matte and has more coverage than other BB creams I've tried, which is definitely a plus!

Top: swatch blended out

Next, I've been OBSESSED with this Nyx Prismatic Eye Shadow in Fireball! It's a fantastic metallic orange-red copper shade that feels so creamy to the touch. I have found that they do crease a bit, but using a good eye shadow primer should fix that. I want to go back to get more shades!


Two lipsticks I've picked up recently is another Nyx High Voltage Lipstick in Stone and Rimmel London Lipstick in Airy Fairy. Stone is a nude beige, which is trending right now, and looks nice on it's own for a very nude lip or mixed with brighter lipsticks to mute them a little. Airy Fairy is a nude pink that has a satin, almost slightly frosted finish. The finish doesn't bug me too much because the color is beautiful for when I want a lighter pink nude lip instead of my usual mauve toned nudes.

Nyx High Voltage Lipstick in Stone

Rimmel Airy Fairy

Lastly, I've always wanted to try the L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Blushes! I got the shade Baby Blossom, because I don't have any cool toned, light pink blushes and I've heard it's a dupe for the Benefit Dandelion blush. It's really soft and blendable, but isn't super pigmented so it takes a few layers for the color to show up on my skin for a faint wash of color. I think it'll look so pretty in the winter when I'm at my fairest.



That's everything I've picked up recently from the drugstore! Have anything you've been loving lately? 

P.S. Tonight is the last night of Shark Week! So sad. I've been watching it every night and has been my favorite part of summer for years. Fins up for Shark Week! :)





2 comments:

  1. I love a good drugstore find. NYX High Voltage Lipstick in Stone looks fabulous. So rich. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Nyx High Voltage Lipsticks are all fabulous! They have such great, bold colors.

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik