Saturday, July 25, 2015

Minimal Makeup: Products For A Natural Look

On my days off from work, I usually don't wear any makeup whatsoever and choose to brave the world bare faced. But for those occasions when I do want something on my face but definitely don't want full on makeup, these are the products I typically go to for a minimal makeup look.


I've always found it hilarious that for "no makeup" makeup looks it always involves like 20 products. I've narrowed it down to 10, which still feels ridiculous, but that's if I feel like getting extra fancy. Usually I just use 4-6 products which is much more reasonable!


  I start out with a BB cream, and one I've been using lately is the Maybelline Pure BB in Light which has surprisingly good coverage, is more of a demi-matte finish and is a nice shade for me. I have a hard time with BB creams being too orange, dark, greasy and just don't do much for me in general, but this is a good one! I also like the L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream. If I have bad dark circles or blemishes, I use a concealer and then a powder to add a little more coverage. The Maybelline Fit Me Concealer is fantastic for under the eye, hiding blemishes and even doing some highlighting. Any powder will do, but the Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder is a great powder that is finely milled and adds decent coverage too.

I then comb through my brows using the Nyx Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso to give a little definition and fullness and throw on some of my favorite mascara, the Maybelline Volum'Express The Rocket Mascara. Lastly I put on some lip balm like Smiths Rosebud Perfume Co. Minted Rose Lip Balm and I'm good to go. This lip balm is my favorite right now, and I use it all the time. My only complaint is that the tin is so goddamn hard to open and when I do finally Hulk it open, my fingers accidentally dig into the product sometimes. SO NOT COOL. But I put up with it anyways because I love it so much.


If I have the time, desire or energy to do more, I'll put on some bronzer, blush, a really subtle highlight and a cream shadow. The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in Medium and Nyx Powder Blush in Mocha are both matte and add just a little color to the face or can be layered for more intense color. For adding a little more glow, I like the Physicians Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls in Translucent. It's subtle enough to dust all over the face or just adding it to the cheekbones. If I do add anything to my eyes besides mascara, I typically just use a cream shadow or eye base like this Be A Bombshell Eye Base in Submissive to add depth, shine and color. I got this in an Ipsy bag actually! It's a nice bronze-taupe with a hint of gold.


Top to bottom: Nyx Blush in Mocha, PF Mineral Glow Pearls , Honey Bronzer, and Submissive eye base
What are your go-to's for a minimal makeup look?

xoxo

Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik