Sunday, March 22, 2015

*NEW* L'Oreal La Palette Nude 1 and 2 Eye Shadow Palettes Review and Swatches

While I was at Target, I wandered over to the beauty section and saw that L'Oreal had two NEW nude eye shadow palettes. The La Palette Nude 1 and La Palette Nude 2:

My first thoughts were "OMG drugstore Naked palettes!" I was even surprised that there were a few matte shades in each palette. They each cost $15.99.

La Palette Nude 1
La Palette Nude 2
(Also, excuse the dog hair that some how has made its way onto these already. I haven't even had them for an HOUR and they already have dog hair on them. *sigh*)

Upon immediately comparing them to my Naked and Naked 3 palette, I saw that they weren't really dupes at all. 
Left: L'Oreal La Palette Nude 1, Right: Urban Decay Naked palette

First, the Naked palettes have 12 shadows, and the La Palettes only have 10. The Nude 1 palette is almost exclusively nude, warm brown shades with a few copper, cream and gold colors. There are 3 matte shades and the rest are a satin finish.

  

I was pleasantly surprised at the formulation of these shadows; they are decently buttery and smooth with pretty good pigmentation. I definitely had to swatch it 2-3 times to get the color payoff I wanted but overall I think these are decent shadows!
Left: Urban Decay Naked 3, Right: L'Oreal La Palette Nude 2

The Nude 2 palette has 6, count them, 6 matte shadows! The rest are satin. Thank the drugstore gods who are creating more matte shadows! This palette is definitely more rosy toned than the Nude 1, but more muted, darker and plumier browns than the Naked 3, which is definitely more pink toned. 


Sadly, there aren't any close dupes from either palettes for any of the Naked shadows but they are in the same shade range. I'm sure some of the same looks could be created using these palettes instead of taking out a small loan for the Urban Decay palettes. Honestly, I'm happy they aren't dupes so I can play around with the different colors in these palettes and not feel guilty about not utilizing my expensive Naked ones. I'm especially stoked about the matte shades.

The final question: Are they worth it?

I think so.

I haven't had the chance to wear them yet, but just by the swatches I think I'll be using them all the time in my daily make up routine. The quality is decent, especially for drugstore, the shade selection is versatile and they are cheap palettes compared to the high-end brands. It definitely is not Urban Decay quality by any means, so if you're expecting that you are going to be disappointed.

Would these replace my Naked palettes? No, but they will be a nice edition to my collection.
The drugstore is stepping up their game big time and I'm loving it.

Have you tried the new L'Oreal La Palettes? What do you think? Comment down below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik