Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Another Drugstore Mini Haul

Target is my weakness. Every time I go to pick up contact solution or whatever random thing I need, I always make my way to the beauty isle to check out new items and displays. With so many new products launching at the drugstore, I restrained myself to just a few items I was really curious about. For now. ;) 

I am continually impressed with Wet n' Wild products because they are such good quality at a super reasonable price. They launched new blushes exclusive to Target and I picked up the new Wet n' Wild Ombre Blush in the shade In A Purple Haze. They had three to choose from, but I chose this purple one because I have nothing like it in my collection! This one at least is decently pigmented and blends nicely on the cheeks giving a subtle, cool pinkish purple look. It's actually really beautiful! They also reformulated some of their other powders, including the Contouring Palette in Dulce de Leche that I picked up to compare to the original I had when they first came out. Let me just say that these are extremely powdery, but a definite improvement from the original in the tone and pigmentation of the powders. The highlight shade is more of an opaque matte beige compared to the original which was more sheer and pink in tone. The contour side is a more neutral-cool brown in the reformulated version, compared to the very cool grayish contour powder in the original. These also blend beautifully, but they do create quite a mess so be careful! Both of these powders are around $5. What a steal!



I also picked up the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor in Seduction, a pinky-nude that matches my lip color almost exactly. I love the way these look and feel, but if you're expecting a classic liquid lipstick this is NOT it. It's more of a matte lipgloss in my opinion, where it is mostly matte but has a slight sheen to it. The packaging is super cute too!



Lastly, the product I actually went to Target for was to pick up the NYX Angel Skin Primer. At almost $16, this was a spendy little item! But I've been wanting to try it out for a while, so I finally took the plunge. It supposedly compares to the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, which is even more crazy expensive. I've only tried this a few days, so I can't give a full review on it just yet but so far it's pretty good. I love how it leaves a matte finish, makes my skin feel silky smooth, and is more of a lotion type primer but you have to shake it up before you use it or it's super liquidy. Plus, it tends to ball up if you use too much, which annoys me. But I'll keep experimenting with it to see how I really feel about it. 



That's it for my most recent mini haul! What makeup should I pick up next? It's so overwhelming trying to choose from all the new, exciting drugstore makeup coming out!

xoxo

Jessica

6 comments:

  1. Love that lip colour shade by Revlon, it's gorgeous. I may have to get that!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish wet and wild were available here in the Uk! I really want to try the NYX primer - it sounds great xx

    www.lpagebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah bummmer! Wet n Wild products are so good!

      Delete
  3. Hm I would love to hear your thoughts about the Angel Veil after more use! Especially since it's kind of pricey for NYX. Thanks for sharing!

    elainea
    toast the girl almighty


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will! It's pretty expensive, so I'll keep you updated on if it's worth it or not. :)

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik