Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Brow Age: Favorite Products for Better Brows

Creating the best brows has become an obsession in the makeup world, thanks to the comeback of the bold brow. Not only are thicker brows cool again (thank god), but well shaped and defined brows are the name of the game. But how to get brows that are 'on point' or 'on fleek' can be difficult, and Instagram brows aren't always the best in everyday, real life. I've gathered up some of my brow must haves to create better brows that are still on the natural side.

Grooming your brows with help a lot in the process of filling them in but can lead to disastrous results if you aren't careful! I generally tweeze the crazy stray hairs first and then carefully tweeze under the brow to help create my desired shape. What helps me a lot is tweezing a little up close and then stepping back to look in a mirror from farther away, that way I stop when I need to and don't over tweeze. Besides, not many people are going to be looking at your brows from that close anyways and will be looking at them farther away. 

I also cut super long hairs by brushing my brow hair up and cutting it straight across using small manicure scissors I have on hand. You can go out and buy brow trimmers, but I already have these and they work just fine. This is especially nice for trimming the front hairs so when I comb them up straight, they fit into the brow shape I want.

Definitely follow your natural brow shape though, because if you try to drastically change your brows it tends to look weird and is a pain in the ass to deal with when hairs grow back (or don't) in my opinion.


There are sooo many brow products available now, and great ones in the drugstore! You are bound to find the method that works for you, but it may take some experimenting and practice to figure it out. For those that just want their hairs to stay in place and just need basic shaping, waxes and brow gels are the way to go. This NYX Eyebrow Shaper Wax Pencil is great for taming those pesky hairs that don't want to stay down. My favorite brow gel at the moment is the NYX Control Freak Clear Brow Gel which I use to set my brow at the end or on it's own on really light, natural days. Colored or tinted brow gels are also an amazing option for filling in your brows and holding them in one easy step. 



Wanting some more shape or need some serious filling in? Pencil, powder or pomade is your best bet. I find that powders are easiest to work with personally, and better for those just beginning to fill in their brows. I've been using this Bodyography Essential Brow Trio and Brow Brush that I got in a Boxycharm a while back. The powders are a good color, meaning it doesn't pull too red and isn't too dark, and blend well into my brow. Having a nice angled brow brush and spooly is a MUST because it helps spread out the product and helps you avoid a too harsh of a brow. Thankfully their are now may cheaper options at the drugstore for around $5-$7! For days I'm in a rush, powder is my go-to.

For me, pencil is a little more time consuming and requires a little more practice to use but defines the brow better. I've fallen in love with the new L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer in Dark Brunette! It has kicked my NYX Micro Brow out of first place because it's a little creamier, softer and has more pigment with a better spooly on the other side. HIGHLY recommend it! 


Honestly, I've been too scared to try a pomade because I feel like I would make my brows too hardcore and end up looking crazy. One day I will get the courage to try it out! I usually use a combination of all these products, and often switch back and forth between pencil and powder depending on my mood. I am still trying to master my brows and figure out the best way to fill them in. So if you feel like you struggle with your brows, you aren't alone! If you are a brow wizard, please teach me your ways.


And I'll just leave this meme here...

Source

What are your favorite brow products? Got useful tips and tricks up your sleeve? Let me know in the comments!

xoxo

Jessica



4 comments:

  1. I love my dip pomade by ABH it's become my holy grail brow product!
    www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my best friends favorite product! I'm just so nervous to buy it/ try it! But I might have to just to see what the hype is about...

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the tips! I love the NYX control freak gel, it really holds everything in place all day!


    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik