Saturday, February 27, 2016

February 2016 Favorites!

Hey guys! I'm getting a jump start on my favorites this month, and reflecting back on what I loved during the short month of February, there were only a few standout items. Let's go through my favorites shall we?


Let me just say that Wet n' Wild is SLAYING right now with their products. I've been loving the newly reformulated Wet n' Wild Contouring Palette in Dulce de Leche and Wet n' Wild Coloricon Blush in Rose Champagne. These matte contour powders are way more pigmented and blendable than the originals, but still kick up a ton of powder. I don't mind, but they do get messy. I haven't played with the actual contour shade much, but the beige highlight shade I've been using everyday to highlight my face and help lighten if I went a little too H.A.M with my bronzer. The pan is a gigantic size for under $5! Uh, yes please.

I've also finally found a use for my EcoTools Complexion Collection Mattifying Finish Brush that has just been sitting in my collection forever! It surprisingly makes a fantastic contour brush believe it or not. The bristles are shaped kind of like a duo fiber/ stippling brush, so it doesn't pick up too much pigment all at once to help diffuse and blend my contour powders right under my cheek bones for a softer look. It's especially handy for powders that are darker and super pigmented, like my theBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer that you can go overboard quickly on. It's my favorite contour brush at the moment.

Excuse the dirty brush though...


Back to the new blush; it's a gorgeous shade! A shimmery satin muted rose gold blush that literally goes with everything since it's a more natural looking blush. It looks pretty boring in the pan, but it's so beautiful on the skin. The formulation is different though, and is less pigmented than the OG Coloricon Blushes. But now they kick up less powder while still delivering buildable color, compared to before when you barely had to dip your brush into the pan. Some are disappointed that they changed the original formula since it was already awesome ( I have the old Pearlescent Pink Blush that I love), but I still like it! I'm less likely to apply too much now.


I've re-discovered my L'Oreal Infallible Shadow in Iced Latte, and found a new love, the L'Oreal Brow Stylist Brow Pencil in Dark Brunette. Guys, the L'Oreal Infallible shadows don't get nearly the love they deserve because they truly are some of the best shadows I've come across AND they are from the drugstore! The shade Iced Latte is a stunning champagne shade that I've been wearing constantly. It brightens the eye and has a metallic sheen while not being too over the top. Loooooove it.

The Brow Stylist is my favorite go to brow pencil now because it's creamy, pigmented and so easy to use with the skinny tip that allows for precise application with a convenient spooly on the other end. It's also a neutral/cool brown that isn't too dark! Hallelujah!


Top: Iced Latte, Rose Champagne, Contour and Highlight 

What were your favorites this month?

xoxo

Jessica

13 comments:

  1. I love the Wet N Wild contour palette!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so amazing for such an affordable price!

      Delete
  2. The blush looks so pretty!
    Paula | www.namelessgap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blush looks so pretty!
    Paula | www.namelessgap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Me too, ;). The brush does a fabulous job at blending a contour.

      Delete
  5. I wish wet and wild were available here in the Uk :( that blush looks stunning! I've been loving the Loreal sculpt blushes xx

    www.lpagebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully WnW makes it's way to the UK soon. :(

      Delete
  6. That L'oreal shadow is incredible, I need it!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few of them and they are my favorite shadow from the drugstore!

      Delete
  7. I have that EcoTools brush and not only does it work great, but I think the accents on it are pretty too!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik