Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Drugstore Micellar Water Face-Off

Micellar water is just beginning to take off here in the U.S, and they are slowly starting to appear in local drugstores. The first one I ever tried was the Simple Cleansing Micellar Water, and absolutely fell in love. I recently picked up the Garnier Skin Active Micellar Cleansing Water, which has been around for a while in other places around the world but just recently launched in the U.S. I've put the two to the test, so let's see which one comes out on top!



First off, I just want to disclaim that I typically use micellar waters in the second round of makeup removing in my nightly routine and hardly ever use it alone to remove and cleanse my face. Obviously, we all have those nights where you're too lazy or have had one too many drinks, to go through my whole cleansing process. I personally like to use an actual cleanser you rinse off because I like that clean feeling, but it's really up to you and the amount of makeup you wear. If you were to use just a micellar water alone, it does take a fair amount of cotton pads to get the job done to rmeove a full face of makeup. I do love using this in the morning to cleanse and remove any last traces of makeup though!

That being said, the Simple Cleansing Micellar Water is typically around $7 and you get 6.7 fl. oz of magical goodness. The Garnier Skin Active Micellar Cleansing Water is around $9 and contains 13.5 fl.oz, which is double the product for only a few bucks more. After trying both for a while, and even doing a side by side comparison test on my face...

I can't tell the difference...


Both feel nice on the skin, doesn't irritate my skin, sting my eyes or break me out, and removes pretty much the same amount of makeup in the same amount of time. Honestly, they both are amazing! The only difference is the ingredients list, with the Simple one actually having a lengthier list than the Garnier version. I guess it's not so Simple after all! I do find it strange though that both say avoid getting it in your eye when I use it to help specifically remove leftover eye makeup. Like I've said, it doesn't sting or irritate my eyes and I even wear contacts and have sensitive eyes, so it shouldn't be a problem. Just don't use them as eye drops I guess?

Simple Micellar Water

Garnier Micellar Water

I cannot tell the difference between the two; so it really comes down to what gets you the most bang for your buck, which is definitely the Garnier one. It's twice the size for only a buck or two more, so it's the clear winner for me. But if for some reason I can't find it or it's out of stock, I'm perfectly happy with the Simple one too. 



Go Garnier for releasing this in the U.S finally! I'm excited to see other brands hoping on the micellar water craze and giving us more options in the drugstore.

P.S Post title pun intended. 

What are your thoughts on micellar water? Love it? Hate it?

xoxo

Jessica

2 comments:

  1. Loved the title haha! I don't like the garnier one!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer! What Micellar water do you prefer?

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik