Saturday, December 5, 2015

Unique and Unusual Makeup

I was combing over my makeup collection the other day (as I do often), trying to rotate items and remind myself to use certain products when I came across a few things that are kind of unique in shade, formula, etc.. I'm guilty of buying the same shade or type of product over and over again because I'm the most drawn to them (duh). This isn't a bad thing necessarily, but can create monotony in my makeup collection. I'm looking at you, my gazillion peachy-pink blushes... Here are a few items that stand out from the crowd to me!


In a sea of mauves and nudes, a few lip products I own that are different and interesting to me is my Nyx High Voltage Lipstick in Playdate, Nyx Simply Vamp Lip Cream in Covet, and Jordana Easyliner For Lips in Silver Lilac. Nyx Playdate I LOVE because it's a surprisingly wearable lavender shade, which I did not know was possible! It's my favorite straight up purple lip color and is a great formula too!



NYX  High Voltage Lipstick in Playdate
 The Jordana lip liner is such an interesting shade and so hard to describe; it's like a purple-magenta with an almost purple/silver sheen that's subtle. It's not one I wear often because I just hardly use lip liner to be honest, but if I want to rock a purple lip with a twist, I would grab this.

The NYX Simply Vamp Lip Cream in Covet is a metallic brown-red, and is definitely not your run of he mill vamp shade. I'm not a fan of it on it's own on my skin tone and metallic lips are hard to pull off with super dry lips, but it vamps up any red when layered up! 

Top to bottom: Playdate, Silver Lilac, Covet

I have quite a few nail polishes now, and these two are shades are hard to find duplicates of. I'm talking about ORLY On The Edge and Sonia Kashuk Russian Roulette. On The Edge is a true indigo, meaning it's hard to pin down whether it's an electric purple or blue depending on the light. This is on of my favorite shades ever! Russian Roulette is like a purpleish cherry cola type color with gold and purple shimmer. Both aren't your typical nail colors!


Hard Candy Baked Ombre Blush in Sunburst has been a long time favorite because it not only looks stunning in the packaging, but is one of the prettiest, unique blushes available in the drugstore. It's a very glowy cool toned pink blush that's hard to describe. This bronzer/blush from theBalm in Balm Desert is an interesting take on your usual bronzer because it's a warm, rosey toned powder that can be a bronzer and blush in one!




And of course, the king of one-of-a-kind products is Colour Pop! They get the award for having a unique gel like powder formula AND an array of unique colors to choose from for a variety of different products. Colour Pop Highlighter in Monster and Super Shock Shadows in So Quiche and BAE are among the most unique in the range.




Monster is a duochrome highlight with pink and purple shifts and a white base. It applies mostly pink in tone on the cheeks, but from different angles it reflects a soft purple too! So amazing.


Both Bae and So Quiche also shift in color, with Bae being a duochrome of deep purple, blue and turquoise glitter. It's a gorgeous unique spin on the classic blue-brown duochrome shade we love, and changes depending on the eye base used.


So Quiche is like Mardi Gras in a shadow; olive green with shifts of purple and gold glitter. It's certainly one of a kind!



What unique products do you have in your collection?

xoxo

Jessica

3 comments:

  1. That lip colour is so lovely and unique!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this photos, i wish colorpop will be in my country. They not that exepsive and the quality is amazing ;)

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik