Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Products I've Used Up: November

I'm back again sharing pictures of the trash that I saved to put on the internet! Hahaha bloggers are strange creatures. Anyways, I do have another round of empties for the month of November! This time it's much more reasonable in quantity since I have already gone through the majority of samples, back ups and other products I just wanted to finish last month. Let's take a closer look at my empties!

I finished only a few beauty related products this month: Nyx Control Freak Clear Brow Gel, e.l.f Mineral Blemish Powder in Sheer and Malin + Goetz Mojito Lip Balm. The Nyx brow gel is an absolute MUST for me to set my brows daily, and I already have a back up! I'm currently trying a different one but it's just not the same. This has pretty great hold without being overly crunchy.

 The e.l.f blemish powder is soooo old I don't even think it's being sold any more. I bought it a forever ago hoping it would be a cheaper alternative for the amazing Bare Minerals Blemish Therapy Powder that dried up  and got rid of any blemishes practically over night. Unfortunately, it wasn't but I continued to use it to help conceal and somewhat treat acne. This lip balm that I got in a Birchbox is probably one of my all time favorites! It's super moisturizing and I felt like it coated my lips without slipping all over the place. Plus it comes in a tube and not a tin/jar! I might repurchase this one after I get through some others.


I also went through the Boots No7 Botanics All Bright Micellar Water and The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Moisture Lotion SPF 15. Both were alright, but I don't think I'll be repurchasing them again. The micellar water slightly stung my eyes, didn't remove makeup too well and I just found myself missing my Simple one. The seaweed lotion I liked for the SPF and didn't leave my face greasy but I can't justify the price of it. I feel like you can find cheaper alternatives elsewhere.


Hair care items I finished included my beloved Frizz Ease Dream Curls Daily Styling Spray, R + Co Park Ave Blow Out Balm and Davines LOVE Shampoo. The Frizz Ease spray is a hair care staple for me because it helps enhance my curls, tame frizz and is also a heat protectant! This is like my gajillionth bottle and I've already replaced it. The shampoo and blow out balm are samples and I loved them both! The balm smells so amazing and felt it helped smooth my hair (even though I don't do blowouts). The shampoo was on par with my Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Shampoo, which is my absolute favorite at the moment. It left my hair clean yet still super soft and smooth. I would definitely consider purchasing the full size!


And of course, I burned through a few candles. I'm currently in love with Signature Soy Candles in Nordic Pine and Merry & Bright from Target. The combination of the two literally smells like Christmas. I'm so addicted I bought the bigger sizes of both! I love the scent of evergreen pine trees (typical Pacific Northwest girl right?) so this time of year for candles is my favorite. Merry & Bright describes the scent exactly; a warm, light, not too sweet scent of pine, ginger and clove. Highly recommend!


Like I said, my empties bin wasn't nearly as full this month! What products have you used up? Have candle suggestions?

xoxo

Jessica

2 comments:

  1. Regardless I still think you've got quite a few empties! I don't understand how people use candles up so quick haha!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love using up products! And I burn candles like a mofo so I go through them fairly quickly!

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik