Saturday, September 12, 2015

September 2015 Ipsy! #FaceFashion

It's September, so that means the new school year has begun and fall is around the corner. New York Fashion Week has also started, which I'm sure is what is behind the inspiration for this months theme; Face Fashion! Let's see what I got this month...



The overall theme is very dramatic yet neutral with bronze and nude shades. I'm not a fan of the bag though, and reminds me of a couch cushion you would find in a model home. Which is a bummer because I felt like they were stepping up their bag game! Oh well.

It's so cool that they collaborated with NYX to make their own eye shadow trio! It has a matte black, a bronze and a pink champagne shade. The quality is average, with the lightest shade not having enough pigmentation for my liking. It's a cute trio though to create a simple bronze smoky eye!



I also got the Pixi by Petra Brow Powder Trio in a cute little compact. This is perfect for throwing in a travel bag because it would not take up much space at all, and the lightest and biggest shade looks like its a brow highlight type powder? I'm not entirely sure what to do with it to be honest, but I'll play around with it.



I got another tre'StiQue product this month, but this time it's a Matte Lip Crayon in the shade Nantucket Nude. It's a peachy nude that seems really creamy for a matte lip color. These type shades tend to make me look washed out and dead, but I'll give it a shot. This would pair great with the NYX trio!



Lastly, I got a Acure Brightening Facial Scrub and the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream! The lotion smells great, and is the perfect consistency to re-hydrate dry skin. The facial scrub is like a thick, green paste due to the chlorella ingredient I'm sure. It's definitely intriguing me to say the least. Travel size scrubs are always nice to have around though when I want to mix up my skin care routine a bit.



That's it for this month! I didn't think it was terrible by any means, but it was just "meh" for me because I wasn't really excited by any of the products I got.

What did you get this month?!

xoxo

Jessica

6 comments:

  1. I love the little shadow palette for popping in my travel bag. I'd use the light one near my tear ducts and under my brow :)

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ultra Repair Cream is one of my holy grails in skincare! I hope you lie it :) & that NYX shadow palette would be a nice addition to an everyday makeup bag!

    Lucy | lifebylucy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so much about it, so I'm stoked to try it! I definitely want to try other products from First Aid Beauty. :)

      Delete
  3. What a bummer! I totally agree, it's the best beauty sub for the price. Hopefully it makes its way to the UK soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love small eye shadow palette. Great addition for travel makeup kit.

    www.styleroundtheclock.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik