Sunday, September 13, 2015

Transition to Fall Makeup

Now is the time that we are all getting bombarded with fall makeup looks, fashion and the anticipation of all the fall festivities that come with cooler weather. Unfortunately, where I am it's not so fall like. With 85 degree days still in the mix, it's hard to wear boots, plaid shirts and darker lips when summer is still holding on for dear life. So I decided to gather up some of my makeup that gets me through this awkward transition between the seasons!


Fall is all about deeper, berry shades and more on the matte side in lieu of the dewy summer glow during the warmer months. I definitely try to incorporate those berry tones, but a little more muted and softened, and the L'Oriel La Palette Nude 2 has a variety of those shades! It has a good mix of purples, mauves and browns with a good amount of mattes.


To add a little sparkle and shine, golds, bronzes, and coppers such as Game Face from Colour Pop and Liquid Gold NYX Prismatic Shadow are great for all over the lid! Mascara is always a must, and I've been liking the MDM Flow Greater Than Mascara. Also, I just love the packaging. ;)


Left: Game Face, Liquid Gold and La Palette Nude 2
For my face, I love the L'Oreal Infalliable Pro-Matte Foundation! It's matte with a good amount of coverage that keeps my shine at bay. Contouring comes back into the spotlight for the fall, and I have been enjoying my Wet n' Wild Contouring Palette in Caramel Toffee. It's super cheap and has a nice cool toned contour shade. The highlight shade barely shows up, but it does a good job of setting my concealer! I also substitute my shimmery bronzers for more matte ones, like the Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in Medium Matte. For blush, I gravitate towards deeper shades like my NYX Powder Blush in Bordeaux that gives a natural looking flush. I still love my highlighters to give my skin a little bit of strategic shine to balance out the matte. The Mary Lou Manizer from theBalm is one of my favorites for a gold champagne glow!



For my lips, I'm still sticking to more nude shades that are a little darker and on the brown, mauve side for the transition into fall. I've been loving my Maybelline lipstick in Warm Me Up, Maybelline Creamy Matte in Touch Of Spice and Revlon Lip Butter in Fig Jam.

Warm Me Up is a satin finish and is my perfect everyday nude color! Touch Of Spice is matte, and more of a deeper red-brown mauve. Fig Jam is one of my all time favorite lip colors because it's a wearable brown lip color, glossy and a little on the sheer side that is a savior if my lips are feeling dry but I still want some color.


The weird stage between summer and fall can be tricky to decide what to wear and what makeup to choose, so I hope this helps!

What makeup helps you transition into fall?

xoxo

Jessica

8 comments:

  1. Hooray for fall makeup. No I can wear berry lips with no shame. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  2. The NYX blush looks so pretty and so does the Colorpop shadow !

    ReplyDelete
  3. That palette is so pretty!! I really like the shades they've added good for everyday use

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's great for everyday to create a soft and romantic look!

      Delete
  4. The palette and lipsticks look gorgeous, love the colours!!
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik