Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Top Favorite Drugstore Single Shadows

Aw man, I remember when my eye shadow collection was just a handful of eyeshadow singles from the drugstore. Obviously, I've now turned into an eye shadow palette fiend who has stacks of them. Oh my humble beginnings! I still use them from time to time, and wanted to round up some of my favorite drugstore single shadows! 

I feel like single shadows are often looked over for some reason. There are a lot of great quality, stunning single shades that are great additions to anyone's makeup bag! ( I didn't include any brands you can't walk into a drugstore to buy; sorry Colour Pop).

Side note: Since I chose my Harry Potter books as a prop, I'm so stoked that the theater close to me is now re-playing all 8 Harry Potter movies, one every week! I just saw Sorcerer's Stone yesterday and it was just as incredible in theaters as it was in 2001, minus the cloak, fake glasses and tattoo scar I sported back then at the midnight premiere. Holla at my HP peeps! 

MOVING ON. Some of these shadows I've had for a loooooong time, and are still among some of my favorite shades. 





The newest singles to my repertoire are the NYX Prismatic Shadows in Fireball and Liquid Gold. They are uber metallic and creamy with excellent pigmentation. With a bright and bold color selection to boot! 


Obviously, the L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows are among my favorites. I mean, I can't shut up about Amber Rush! I also love Iced Latte and Bronzed Taupe.



Crazy metallic and pigmented, they add high impact shine to the lid. It's like creamy fairy dust in a pot.


L'Oreal also has another line of shadows called the Studio Secrets Professional Eyeshadow Singles that are also pretty great, and affordable too. I own the shades Satin TuTu and Violet Petal, both beautiful, shimmery pastels. 



They are not nearly as creamy as the Infallible ones, but still deliver decent pigmentation for a softer look.


Maybelline also delivers some of the best shadow singles in the drugstore with such a wide variety of colors and finishes. I own Constant Toast ( a satin, almost matte warm brown with a strange name), Pink Wink (peachy pink with gold iridescence) and Amethyst (my favorite purple shade in the old school packaging that I've hit major pan on).


These are the quintessential drugstore shadow single that we all have loved at one point but have forgotten about, myself included. WHY?! They are so cheap and really are good quality! 

 
Wet n' Wild has the cheapest singles, at around $1 a pan. The three I have are Creme Brulee (nude beige), Sugar (white) and Nutty (bronzy taupe).



They are so cute and compact! Super blendable and creamy too. I love using Creme Brulee all over the lid to kind of set my primer to help blend my eye shadow better since it basically matches my skin tone. Sugar is a great shade to highlight the inner corner and brow bone, and Nutty is a beautiful lid or crease color since it has a satin finish.


Lastly, my lonely Revlon Diamond Lust in Night Sky that I'm pretty sure is discontinued but I think can be hunted down on Amazon. It's a dramatic, multi-glitter black. Perfect for going out or special occasions.When I want a dark, dramatic look but with a shit ton of glitter, I pull this out.


There is quite a bit of fall out however, so you have to be extra careful and use a good primer and set it with a setting spray. Otherwise it's spectacular. Everyone needs a fancy black shadow!


These are just some of my personal single eyeshadow favorites, but there are so many more hidden gems out there!

What are your favorites?

xoxo

Jessica

8 comments:

  1. The NYX Shadows look amazing, love the pigmentation and those colours
    bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post because you rarely ever see anyone talking about single eyeshadows. Those NYX ones look fantastic! Great post! XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Single shadows are awesome! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  3. L'oreal and Wet N Wild make my favorite shadows from the drugstore! Great post xx

    Brunette-ish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these colours, they look so well pigmented too! <3

    http://abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik