Thursday, January 14, 2016

Colour Pop Haul #2

Hey everyone! I'm a huge Kathleen Lights fan from Youtube, and when I saw that she collaborated with Colour Pop a second time to produce another quad called Where The Night Is, I was so excited! But when I found out that shadows from both of her quads are now being sold individually, I lost my damn mind. Naturally, I had to have them. Here is a look at my recent Colour Pop order!


I ordered 5 shadows, with 4 of the Super Shock Shadows from the Kathleen Lights collabs, and a Blush. Three of the shadows, called Telepathy, Porter and Weenie are from her newest collection. One shadow aptly named KathleenLights, is from her original quad, Where The Light Is. I'm so happy that the option to mix and match and to buy separately is finally available!

As always, the Colour Pop formula never disappoints and these shadows are as amazingly pigmented as expected. Telepathy is an ultra-metallic gold with a green undertone, Porter is a metallic burgundy with flecks of gold glitter, Weenie is a pearlized rose gold, and KathleenLights is a pearlized warm copper. All of these shadows just spoke to me on a spiritual level, I mean C'MON! Just look at these beauties (Clearly I've already dug into a few of them!). I decided on swapping out Midnight with KathleenLights because I find these shadows excel at being pops of color and shine on the lid, and the color of this shadow just suited my personal preference for warm shadows better than the original shadow in the quad.

Fantastic job Kathleen!


The other shadow I bought is called Puppy Love, a pearlized duo chrome peachy pink/gold shade, All the proceeds go to the Best Friends Animal Society to help with the NKLA effort to end shelter killlings, which is an awesome cause! It's a little sheerer than expected, but still a beautiful wash of metallic color for all over the lid or in the inner corner for added brightness. I bet this would make a bomb highlight on the cheeks too...


I love me blush in Birthday Suit, and I just knew I had to pick up another blush. I chose Cruel Intentions, described as a matte warm rose, which is like a step darker than Birthday Suit and bit more vibrant. When I first used this I went a little H.A.M and picked up waaaay too much leaving me looking a little clownish because this stuff packs some serious pigment! So just a warning, a little goes a long way. Thank god these blend easily and I was able to fix it. I recommend using a synthetic stippling brush with these because I found they apply the best that way.


Colour Pop produces such quality makeup for crazy affordable prices. The shadows are only $5 a piece and blush is $8, but is almost double the size of the shadows. I also want to try their new liners eventually!

I HIGHLY recommend these shadows, and pretty much all Colour Pop products because of the range of products, colors and the innovative gel/cream to powder formula they use so if you haven't tried these before, get 'em now!

xoxo

Jessica

4 comments:

  1. Would it be fair to say that these shadow are meant more for those on the expert side of the eyeshadow application spectrum rather than the novice end? These aren't available in the UK, and I don't want to go trough the trouble of having them imported using a third party, just to find that I'm absolutely rubbish at applying them and they're too bold for me!xx

    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they ship to the UK soon! I find that these are best at being applied with my fingers rather than a brush. That being said, they are not the easiest to blend into the crease and you do have to work with them more than a usual eye shadow. Because of that, I prefer to use them as my all over the lid color and tend to gravitate towards the lighter colors for that reason. Honestly though, these are still amazing and recommend trying some of the lighter shades you know you'll wear to really get the feel for them. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. These shades are all gorgeous, do you want to give them to me haha!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha they're so beautiful, maybe I'll do a giveaway sometime with Colour Pop products. :)

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik