Monday, January 18, 2016

January 2016 Birchbox Unboxing!

Lately I've been loving my Birchbox, and I was super excited to see what I got this month. Unlike my other subscription boxes, I can't get a sneak peek of the exact contents of my box. This month's actual box was so cool because it came with stickers to customize the outside with what subscribers wanted the new year to be about. Naturally, I put all the stickers on it immediately; I just love me some stickers. So let's take a gander at what I received this month!


The biggest items in the box was a sample of the R+Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo and amika Bombshell Blowout Spray. R+Co products aren't cheap and I've tried a few items before and loved them, so I'm sure this dry shampoo will be great. I think I've gotten this blowout spray before, and I liked it well enough. They definitely help fight frizz!


The two makeup items I got was an Eyeko Fat Liquid Liner and TONYMOLY Delight Tony Tint in Red. The liquid liner is a felt tip liner, and it's a pretty thick tip so I can imagine trying to make small lines rather difficult on my already, small hooded eyes. But I'll give it a go regardless! The lip tint is your typical gelish, red lip tint that stains your lips. When I swatched it, and after letting it sit for maybe 30 seconds it stained the heck out of my skin! Which is good news for the lasting power, but I'm not sure how I feel about lip tints like this because they tend to look like I just don't know how to eat a red popsicle. If I want to wear red I typically just wear a lipstick, but I'll try this out, maybe under a gloss.


The last item I got was a sample of the Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre, a moisturizer. On the description card this says it makes a great moisturizer for prepping the skin for foundation, so I'm definitely going to use it in the morning before makeup! I love getting moisturizers in my boxes, so I'm always happy to receive items like this. 


Overall, this box was good! I didn't get any perfume samples, and I didn't get a typical wooden eyeliner this time! Whooo! I'm excited to try the dry shampoo and moisturizer the most.

What did you get in your box?

xoxo

Jessica


2 comments:

  1. Love that these boxes introduce you to new brands but I don't think I'd be able to deal with getting products that I may not use/like! Glad you enjoyed this box though!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah sometimes that part of it sucks, but I have friends and family I pass it on to!

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik