Saturday, January 30, 2016

January 2016 Favorites!

The first month of the year is already almost over, which means we are going full steam ahead into 2016 whether I like it or not! It's been a whirlwind of a month personally, and time seems to be just slipping right past me. But now it's time for another favorites roundup of the beauty products I've been loving this month!


First off, I've been loving this super awesome adult coloring book, Lost Ocean by Johanna Basford,  I got for Christmas which is all the rage right now, and for once I've been ahead of the trend for years! I've always have had some sort of coloring book on hand to de-stress and use as a mindfulness activity when life gets too overwhelming (perks of working in the mental health field, you learn awesome coping skills). This one has stunning pictures in it, and I can't wait to fill up the pages with color.

I also ordered my first Z-Palette, another favorite for the month. I depotted my Benefit blushes from my Sweet Cheeks set, Wet n' Wild single shadows and a few other loose shadows I had lying around. It's nice having these items out of bulky packaging and makes storing a dream. Love it!

Revlon Colorstay Foundation has been my favorite foundation for ages, but now it's even better! You guys, it has a PUMP NOW!!! Life can't get any better. Getting the right amount of foundation onto my hand is now easier than ever and is a million times less messy than pouring it out of the bottle. YASSSS. For primer, I've been liking using my sample of Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. People either love it or hate it, and it really depends on if you like clear, silicone primers or not. I do, but I can't use them everyday or it clogs my pores leading to breakouts. This one creates a smooth canvas for my makeup and I love how silky it feels on my skin. I've been alternating this with my Nivea Post Shave Balm all month!


I've talked about the e.l.f HD Undereye Setting Powder before, and I've liked it but the one draw back was tiny flecks of glitter that kind of turned me off of using it. Recently, they reformulated it and now there isn't any glitter whatsoever! Just the lightweight, silky, powder that instantly brightens my undereye while setting my concealer to minimize creasing. I think it's been said to be a dupe for the Laura Mercier Secret Brighting Powder, but I haven't tried it yet to find out since it's so spendy. The e.l.f one comes in a cute, tiny jar and is only $3! I highly recommend picking it up.


I was surprised by my last favorite, the Colour Pop Shadow in Puppy Love. I picked this up with my most recent Colour Pop order, and wasn't so sure of how I felt about it when I first swatched it. It wasn't as opaque as my other shadows, and to be honest I was a little let down by it. But when I used it on my eyes, holy cow I was in love with how it looked! It gave a beautiful, peachy pink sheen to my lids that seems to pair well with any makeup look. It definitely is not in-your-face color, but is beyond perfect for everyday, more natural eye looks that I've worn to work several times. It has quickly become one of my favorite go-to looks for when I need to get ready fast in the morning.



There you have it, my first beauty favorites for January 2016! 

What have your favorites been so far?

xoxo

Jessica

6 comments:

  1. I also got an adult coloring book for Christmas! They're so fun. I'll definitely have to check out this lost ocean one next.

    elainea
    http://toastthegirlalmighty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a super fun way to relax! i want to get some more for sure.

      Delete
  2. Ohh, I want to try so many of these! The eye shadow particularly, and the Revlon Colourstay with a pump! Pouring it is such an easy way to go wrong, haha! I love Lost Ocean! I also got it for Christmas, it's so nice and there are so many options!

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! Pumps should be mandatory for all bottle foundations. Isn't Lost Ocean awesome?! I just want to invest in nice color pencils now. :)

      Delete
  3. I wish colour pop was easier to get hold of the UK, That shade looks lovely. I've been loving my Zoeva En Taupe palette xx

    www.lpagebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been dying to try Zoeva products. I'm thinking about starting by getting the cocoa palette!

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik