Saturday, January 2, 2016

Treat Yo' Self! Too Faced Chocolate Bar

I've been wanting this palette for SO LONG. I've swatched it a dozen times in stores, watched numerous tutorials on it and added it to my cart so many times I've lost count. I've never followed through though, and convinced myself I didn't actually need it, it's a lot of money, I already have a million palettes blah blah blah. But I finally took the plunge and bought the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette as a gift for myself this Christmas!


I know, I know, I'm late to the party on this, but this palette is totally worth the $49 price tag. It has 16 buttery smooth shadows in various finishes. IT SMELLS SO GOOD. I'm seriously obsessed with the delicious chocolate smell of these shadows. 


This is a great palette for those who love your neutrals with little pops of color mixed in. The matte shades are fantastic for the crease and the shade Salted Caramel is the perfect transition shade. The shimmery metallic shades, my favorites being Marzipan, Creme Brulee and Champagne Truffle, are great for all over lid colors.




White Chocolate is a good skin toned cream shadow for setting your eyeshadow base for easier blending or a subtle brow bone highlight. Cherry Cordial and Candied Violet are your purple pops of color that pair beautifully with these chocolate browns. Once blended out though the intensity of the color is toned down quite a bit, so you really have to build up the color to get what you see in the pan.



My only gripe with these eyeshadows is the staying power. At the end of the day, I have a lot of creasing and the high shine impact of the shimmery shadows especially are gone regardless of the eye primer I use. This is probably due to the fact that these shadows are so soft and buttery, making blending a dream but compromising the staying power a bit. Overall though I love this palette and I'm so glad I finally bought it. I definitely pulled a Spongebob with this palette...


What did you treat yo' self to this holiday season?


xoxo

Jessica


9 comments:

  1. Cherry cordial looks like a lovely colour!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know someone with this palette and her eye makeup always looks amazing! This looks so worth the splurge xx

    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this palette! It's gorgeous!

    A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why it's so loved! It's one of my top favorite palettes.

      Delete
  4. This palette looks incredible! So pretty :) xx
    www.chasingbelle23.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik