Sunday, January 3, 2016

December 2015 Favorites!

It's insane to me that another year has passed and we are now into the new year! A lot of my beauty favorites for the month of December are tried and true products that never lead me astray, with the addition of some new products I've fallen in  love with. 


The makeup I've been loving includes my HG foundation, Revlon Colorstay. It's a thicker foundation for sure, but it has flawless coverage with a satin finish that LASTS on my oily skin and even looks better as it wears throughout the day. My favorite concealer for my under eyes is the Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in Brightening. It brightens, conceals and blends beautifully. 



My go-to primer has been the Nivea Men Sensitive Post-Shave Balm. I've raved about this in a previous post, and it's simply amazing for keeping my foundation looking great all day! Colour Pop Blush in Birthday Suit is one of those blushes that I put on and I wonder why I choose to wear any other blush. It has a beautiful satin finish, looks so natural and packs a pigmented punch yet blends seamlessly with the rest of my makeup. As for my highlight, I've actually have opted for a more subtle glow and have been using my Wet n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana to achieve that. It's even nice to set my concealer with if my undereye area is looking a bit on the dry side.

I've tried what feels like a million mascaras lately, and every time I find myself missing my Maybelline Volum'Express The Rocket Mascara. It curls, volumizes, lengthens and separates my lashes and has a rubber wand which I prefer. Now I'm cheating with including my Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette since I got it towards the end of the month, but I've used it every day since. It's a beautiful, versatile palette with a range of shades and finishes. Definitely worth it!


For my skin care favorites, I've been loving my Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm to help sooth my dry, chapped lips from the frigid cold weather. I wear this every night before bed and most mornings instead of a lip color because it's slightly tinted too. The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter is amazing for removing my makeup, including waterproof makeup. It feels so silky and smooth when I message it onto my face, and is not as messy as a cleansing oil. My last favorite is the Garnier Skin Active Micellar Cleansing Water, which I use after I use my cleansing butter to really make sure my makeup is completely removed. I also use it in the morning to cleanse my face! It's cheap, effective and finally available in U.S drugstores! 



That's it for my last favorites of 2015, and I can't wait to see what is in store for me in 2016. :)

xoxo

Jessica


3 comments:

  1. Great post, i see so many of my favourites. I am so keen on trying out that nivea after shave balm as a primer, i want to pick it up ASAP.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth it!!! You must have great taste then. ;)

      Delete
  2. I really want to smell the chocolate bar palette haha!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik