Saturday, January 23, 2016

January 2016 Boxycharm Unboxing! #EyesOn2016

My Boxycharm has arrived! It's my last subscription box to show up usually, so this marks the end of this months round of unboxing posts. It's funny, because this months theme is Eyes on 2016 which is similar to Ipsys eye focused bag. Enough blabbing though, let's dig in to see what charmers got this month!


The big ticket item in this months box is the new Coastal Scents Revealed Smoky Palette, which looks eerily similar to the Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette on packaging alone. This one is filled with 20 smoky shades ranging from browns, blues, purples and a few bronzey golds. The colors are gorgeous, but like with most Revealed palettes, the shadow quality is hit or miss. Some are nicely pigmented, smooth and buttery while others are chalky and pigment is practically non existent. The card says its a $40 value, but it's always "sale" priced at $20 on the website. This still isn't a bad product to get in a $21 box!





The next bigger item is a Royal & Langnickel Brush Set [R]evolution, which comes with 3 eye synthetic brushes! It includes a BX-80 Detail brush, BX-90 Crease brush and BX-95 Smudger brush. These brushes look and feel nice, but I just wish the bristles were a little softer and fluffier because they feel a little stiff and slippery and don't seem like they would hold pigment or blend out well. But I'll definitely give them a shot!


The last two items I got was a full-size Ardency Inn Modster Smooth Ride Super Charged Eyeliner in Lilac and Blinc Mascara Amplified.  I was so shocked that I got the Modster eyeliner because Ardency Inn is NOT cheap, and I've heard nothing but incredible things about it. Plus, it's in a gorgeous lilac color! So excited to try this out. The Blinc mascara is interesting because it's a 'tubing' mascara which apparently coats the lashes in a way that creates little tubes which makes it extra buildable. The thought of tiny tubes on my lashes kinda weirds me out yet intrigues me at the same time so I'll let you all know what I think of it!



That concludes this unboxing! As usual, I'm pretty impressed with Boxycharm and I am in love with the eyeliner, which is $19 alone. This box is such a steal at $21 a month for 4-5 full size items. Unfortunately, this will be my last Boxycharm for a while because I'm starting to tighten up my budget (stupid car problems ruining my makeup purchases). I still will have my Ipsy and Birchbox though for now, so hopefully I can subscribe again soon!


Let me know what you thought of this months box!

xoxo

Jessica

4 comments:

  1. I love the look of that eyeliner! It's such a gorgeous shade and it look so creamy! Is the texture of it nice? Those brushes look so nice but its a shame that the feel of it was less than perfect, maybe after a few uses they will have a better feel to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eyeliner is extraordinarily creamy, and stays PUT. Yeah I'm hoping after I wash them and break them in a little they'll get better.

      Delete
  2. That coastal scents palette looks so pigmented, whilst that eyeliner is amazing oh my!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eyeliner is AMAZING! The palette does have some great pigmented shadows in it, but there are also some duds as well.

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik