Sunday, January 17, 2016

Ipsy January 2016 Unboxing! #AllEyesOnYou

My first subscription box for 2016 showed up, and it was my Ipsy! I'm excited to see what's in store for Ipsy this year, but for now let's find out what my January 2016 bag brings me! This month's theme is All Eyes On You, which I think means that this month's bag is going to be centered around the eyes. I actually think that's a neat idea, so let's take a look...


The bag is eeehhh, but I'm excited for the products in it! I was most excited about the Hikari Cream Metallic Pigment in Mink at first, because it looks SO similar to my beloved L'Oreal Infallible shadows. But when I went to swatch it, it immediately felt a whole lot drier and not as buttery as I was expecting, and the pigmentation was surprisingly missing. The color is beautiful though, like a pinkish taupe, so for that reason I'm going to try to work with it. 

I was also stoked about getting what looks like a full size theBalm Mr. Write (Now) in Jac, a beautiful bronze eyeliner! This feels pretty cream upon swatching it, and when I tried to wipe it off it didn't budge at all and I had to scrub it off! So that's pretty cool.


Top: Mr. Write (Now) in Jac, Bottom: Hikari Mink
I also got a full-size Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Mascara. I just got a Jelly Pong Pong product last month in my Boxycharm, so I'm excited to try their mascara! It looks like a basic, natural fiber wand but we'll see how the formulas is.

The last products I got is the Hey Honey Open Your Eyes Eye Contour Lifting Fluid and Lasting Smiles Lip Balm in Peppermint Creme. I'm always happy with eye creams and serums because even these sample sizes last me a long time, so I never have to spend a dime one them! This one seems fairly thin in consistency, which I prefer to a thicker cream. The lip balm looks like one you would get free at a doctors office so I was not expecting much from it, but I was surprised at how moisturizing it is! Way better than an EOS, so I'll be throwing this in my purse ASAP. Also, proceeds of this lip balm go towards children who need cleft lip surgery, which is so great! 


I'm actually pretty pleased with this months bag! I liked pretty much everything, except I was disappointed with the eye shadow and I'll have to try out the mascara. 



What did you get in your bag?

xoxo

Jessica


2 comments:

  1. I have to say that this months bag is a pretty good one. All these goodies look really nice. Glad I came across your blog, I love it! Have a great week, Jessica! xx

    Ale | www.alemint.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's pretty good this month! And thank you! :)

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik